List:       phpdoc
Subject:    Re: [PHP-DOC] Support for documentation in Turkish
From:       "Hannes Magnusson" <hannes.magnusson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-01-07 12:45:51

Hi Sezer

On Jan 7, 2008 8:32 AM, Sezer Yalcin <sezer.yalcin@pcdscorp.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a professional PHP developer and working as a PHP consultant in Boston
> area.
>
> I would like to contribute to PHP documentation project, where its missing
> Turkish. I am a native speaker.
> I have already checked out phpdoc-tr folder from CVS. I used reader account
> as I do not have a personal CVS account.
>
> Please let me know steps I should take.

If you have read the dochowto (http://php.net/dochowto) you should
probably start by sending couple of patches (fixing the build would be
a good start) to doc-tr@lists.php.net (and sign up to that mailinglist
in the way by sending a blank mail to doc-tr-subscribe@lists.php.net).
Since I don't think there is any active translation team for the
Turkish manual you should probably cc this list the patches so we can
commit them if noone from the Turkish team responds.

After sending few patches and you want to continue working on the
translation you will need your own CVS account (see the request form
on php.net/cvs-php) to commit your patches yourself.

It is great that you are interested in translating the manual, but I
feel like I need to warn you; translating the manual is not something
that can be done in couple of minutes.. I would really recommend you
try to locate few people interested in translating the manual into
Turkish and form a new translation team.

-Hannes