List:       phpdoc
Subject:    [PHP-DOC] #27806 [Opn->Csd]: get_class() no longer returns lowercase name
From:       derick () php ! net
Date:       2004-03-31 18:44:48

 ID:          27806
 Updated by:  derick@php.net
 Reported By: jcalvert at gmx dot net
 Bug Type:    Documentation problem
 PHP Version: 5.0.0RC1
 New Comment:

This bug has been fixed in the documentation's XML sources. Since the
online and downloadable versions of the documentation need some time
to get updated, we would like to ask you to be a bit patient.

Thank you for the report, and for helping us make our documentation
better.

Previous Comments:

[2004-03-31 13:33:18] pollita@php.net

Sorry, didn't see you mark it for Documentation.

[2004-03-31 13:32:42] pollita@php.net

Thank you for taking the time to write to us, but this is not
a bug. Please double-check the documentation available at
http://www.php.net/manual/ and the instructions on how to report
a bug at http://bugs.php.net/how-to-report.php

This was an intended change.

[2004-03-31 12:52:20] derick@php.net

This is expected behavior, but should be documented. Making it a
documentation bug.

[2004-03-31 12:48:18] jcalvert at gmx dot net

The documented behavior for get_class() is to return the classname in
lowercase for user-defined classes. After switching to PHP5.0.0RC1 the
function returns the name in the original case, causing minor
compatibility issues.