List:       phpauction
Subject:    Re[2]: [PHPAUCTION]
From:       Gianluca Baldo <webmaster () albasoftware ! com>
Date:       2000-04-29 17:24:10

c> You shouldn't leave the user root on the config.inc file, the first thing you
c> have definitivelly gotta do is change this user to a user that you create with
c> the needed grants, although i think that's out of the scope of phpauction, it's
c> got more to do with MySQL security, read MySQL's manual, that's a good starting
c> place for securing your server, as well as tweaking it for performance
c> improvement.
That's absolutely correct. The "root" MySQL user should be changed to
someother you create "ad hoc" or you already have defined.
We need to add some notes about that in the README file. Any
volunteer?

Cheers,
       Gianluca

c> CYA later