List:       phpauction
Subject:    [PHPAUCTION] [PHPAUCTION 1.2 76]: Illegal characters in description or title prevent successful subm
From:       webmaster () phpauction ! org
Date:       2001-10-14 13:53:40

The following NEW bug has been ADDED.
http://www.phpauction.org/BUGS/view_bug_page.php3?f_id=76
Reporter:        bugstracker
Handler:         Does not exist
Project:         PHPAUCTION 1.2
Bug ID:             0000076
Category:        PHP coding
Reproducibility: always
Severity:        major
Date Submitted:   10-14-01 15:53 CEST
Last Modified:    10-14-01 15:53 CEST
auction.

http://www.fugly.com/fuglybay/ <br />

I have found that if a user tries to submit an auction with apostrophies in either \
the decription or the title, the auction is not submitted propperly.  For example, I \
can post an auction with the title, "My wifes picture" but not with the title, "My \
wife's picture".  The exact problem exists with the descrition. <br />

I know that the script attempts to escape PHP by placing a / in front of the \
offending character, but this still does not work.  When the user confirms his \
submission, he is returned to the submission page with all the submission fields \
blank. <br />

If an auction is successfully submitted, he is sent to a confirmation page with the \
URL to the auction. <br />

When the auction is submitted unsuccessfully, the user still receives a confirmation \
email with a url, except the auction ID is left blank. <br />

I have tested this on several other sites using PHP Auction and it is the same with \
all of them.  <br />