List:       php4beta
Subject:    Re: [PHP4BETA] odbc cursor usage
From:       Nick Gorham <nick () lurcher ! org>
Date:       2000-06-03 7:58:43

Avrum Goodblatt wrote:

> There is an odbc function which returns the cursor name.
> Of what use is this? When would I use the cursor name to do anything?
> Could someone give me a code example of its usage ...

Well you would normally use the cursor name for a positioned update or
delete if the driver supports it. ie

    SELECT * from TAB FOR UPDATE

    SQLGetCursorName

    SQLFetch
    SQLFetch
    SQLFetch

    DELETE WHERE CURRENT OF cursor_name

--
Nick Gorham,  nick@lurcher.org
"They laughed at Galileo. They laughed at Newton.