List:       php4beta
Subject:    Re: [PHP4BETA] cvs: php4 /ext/odbc/ php_odbc.c
From:       Nick Gorham <nick () lurcher ! org>
Date:       2000-05-21 16:44:09

Andreas Karajannis wrote:

> kara            Sun May 21 10:46:51 2000 EDT
>
>   Modified files:
>     /php4/ext/odbc      php_odbc.c
>   Log:
>   Turn off retrieving the whole error stack

Hmm

not sure where the "while ( henv != SQL_NULL_HENV )" has come from there, I added
the code to retrieve all the errors, And I think it should be allowed to stay. You
often get a "driver not capable" error when connecting, this hides the real errors
that may happen. When I added this the code read

#if !defined (HAVE_ADABAS)
    do {
#endif
        ret = SQLError(henv, conn, stmt, state,
                &error, errormsg, sizeof(errormsg)-1, &errormsgsize);
        if (func) {
            php_error(E_WARNING, "SQL error: %s, SQL state %s in %s",
                   errormsg, state, func);
        } else {
            php_error(E_WARNING, "SQL error: %s, SQL state %s",
                    errormsg, state);
        }
#if !defined (HAVE_ADABAS)
    } while (SQL_SUCCEEDED(ret));
#endif

The !defined HAVE_ADABAS was added later. Would anyone object if it went back to
that state ?

--
Nick Gorham,  nick@lurcher.org
"They laughed at Galileo. They laughed at Newton.