List:       php4beta
Subject:    Re: [PHP4BETA] php-4.0RC1 as a DSO can't load if unixODBC included
From:       Nick Gorham <nick () lurcher ! org>
Date:       2000-04-02 12:04:26

Luc Bouchard wrote:

> Hello, When compiling php-4.ORC1 with unixODBC support as an apache
> module, apache doesn't start.If I remove unixODBC, no problem. I'm
> running on Debian 2.2With the following packages:ii  apache
> 1.3.9-11       Versatile, high-performance HTTP server
> ii  apache-common  1.3.9-12       Support files for all Apache
> webservers
> ii  apache-dev     1.3.9-11       Apache webserver development kitand
> unixODBC-1.8.7 Any idea ? Thanks. Luc.

The problem is threads. By default unixODBC builds with support for
threads. Apache does not. I have reproduced the problem, and it can be
fixed in two ways.

1. Link Apache with libpthread, when you configure apache.

    LDFLAGS=-lpthread ./configure --prefix=/httpd --enable-module=so

2. Rebuild unixODBC with threads turned off

    ./configure --enable-threads=no

Both seem to fix the problem

--
Nick Gorham,  nick@lurcher.org
"They laughed at Galileo. They laughed at Newton.