List:       php-windows
Subject:    [PHP-WIN] PHP / Win98 se / other programs ... they hang
From:       "Paul Warren" <warrenp () mountaincable ! net>
Date:       2001-06-28 2:42:07

I'm having serious problems with getting PHP to run quietly on my system.
I'm not sure if it's just because i have windows 98 but I was wondering if
this problem can be reproduced on other OS's. PHP 4.0.6 does this too. This
only happens when I have PHP installed. If i start Apache without PHP, it's
fine. the programs don't hang. More explaination is below.

Here's a copy of the bug i reported in the php bug database (#11225)

--------------------

This problem can be reproduced. (At least on my system)

The server seems to run fine. The problem arrises when I try to launch other
applications
such as a PHP editor or other various apps. A few applications that will
freeze up when
Apache and PHP are running are: PHPEd by Soysal; ICQ's URL feature; First
Class Email Client;
1st Page by Evrsoft.

How-To-Repeat:
I have the binary install of Apache 1.3.19, PHP 4.0.5 and Windows 98 SE

Using any part of the URL messaging in ICQ will freeze up ICQ until Apache
is stopped.
(This is not the case if Apache is not running PHP.)

The First class client will not work unless Apache and PHP are stopped. The
client I use
is from my school ( http://fred.mohawkc.on.ca )
http://www.firstclass.com/downloads/client.html

Trying to run a PHP editor found either at http://www.evrsoft.com/1stpage/
or http://www.soysal.com/PHPEd

When I disable PHP everything seems to run fine.