List:       php-windows
Subject:    [PHP-WIN] Advanced search ?
From:       Florian Clever <clever () ukl ! uni-freiburg ! de>
Date:       2000-11-29 10:04:05

Exactly and most RDBMS support the soundex stuff too. It works pretty
well. However you have to realize that it works best for the English
language. If your have content in a different language you need
different algorithms.

PS: I only used soundex with Oracle.

Florian

Tuesday, November 28, 2000, 12:52:05 PM, Satish wrote:

SA> Hi,

SA> I would like to know how do i make a very advance search...
SA> i mean like if i allow the user to make a search for my name
"satish" i
want to show all names that are like satish.. Ssatish, saatish sateesh
and
so on... is there any way for somethihng that

--

Florian Clever

fc@clever-soft.com
http://www.Clever-Software-Solutions.de/

PGP Key @ ldap://certserver.pgp.net/

#define QUESTION ((bb) || !(bb)) - Shakespeare.