List:       php-windows
Subject:    Re: [PHP-WIN] Mail
From:       "Mark Stabb" <mark () northdevon-on-the ! net>
Date:       2000-06-30 21:01:42

Firstly you need a working SMTP/POP3 server to test this and make it work
You can either go on line and use your normal ISP settings for mail & SMTP
server
or you can down load an evaluation copy of VPOP3 from www.pscs.co.uk

next use the mail() function to do whatever you wany.(See manual it works
the same in Win NT or 98 as in Linux UNIX)

i.e.
$email = "address to recieve mail";
$subject = "subject line";
$body = "body of mail";   this bit can be HTML if needed.
$admin = "admin email address ie. you";

mail("$mail", "$subject", "$body", "From:
$admin\nContent-Type:text/html\ncharset=iso-8859-1");

extra headers are added after the body bit and separated by    \n
so ie. $admin\n$admin2

email as HTML in the clients email package ie. outlook etc.

hope this helps                    if you want to see this work  go to
http://www.northdevonholidays.co.uk  goto search,   put in property no 1022
click ok and on the next page click the send me this page as an email button
the image takes a second or two to download.
    Best wishes

Mark Stabb
Leasehouse Ltd