List:       php-windows
Subject:    [PHP-WIN] PHP Quality Assurance Team / New PHP List
From:       Zak Greant <zak () nucleus ! com>
Date:       2000-06-30 1:10:23

Dear List Members,

A recent discussion on the PHP Developers list has prompted the creation of
a PHP Quality Assurance team.

The primary goal for the QA team will be to support the PHP core developers
by providing them with timely quality assurance for PHP release candidates.

We are currently in the process of defining a clear set of goals for the QA
team.  If you wish to participate in the process or become a member of the
team, please subscribe to the PHP Quality Assurance list by sending mail to
php-qa-subscribe@lists.php.net.  Once you have subscribed, please send a
message letting us know how you would like to contribute.  Your feedback
and ideas are very important for this to succeed.

***Important Note***
The PHP Quality Assurance list will be very limited in scope.  Initially,
we will only be discussing issues that relate directly to setting up the QA
team.  Once we have the basic details worked out, then we will move onto
discussing the real work of setting up QA systems.

Once the team is established, the PHP QA list will be used primarily by
members of the QA team to discuss issues that relate to testing methods,
team mechanics, progress on tests that are being developed, etc...  Issues
related to QA (like feature requests and bug reports) will probably not be
discussed on the list.

Yours Truly,

The PHP QA Team

(Writing on behalf of the PHP QA Team)
Zak Greant
Creative Director
Nucleus Information Service Inc.

"A camel is a horse designed by a committee."
- Alex Issigonis (Designer of the Mini)