List:       php-windows
Subject:    Re: [PHP-WINDOWS] php_oci8.dll not work correctly
From:       "Ondrej Kuchar" <kuchar () softwaretrend ! com>
Date:       2000-05-31 9:30:29

Hi Frank, Hi Anton!

I must have done something wrong.

Oci functions still don't work.

I will try describe my instalation steps.

My PC:
    WinNT 4.0 US,
    OptionPack 4.0 (Personal Web Server with InternetServiceManager),
    PHP 4.0.0 intalled in App Mappings as php.exe %s %s,
    Oracle 8.0.5 Client + Server,
    IE 5.0 US

My php_oci8.dll instalation steps:

Version 1: (my first test)
    1) copy php_oci8.dll into c:\winnt\system32
    2) write changes to c:\winnt\php.ini
            extension_dir = c:\winnt\system32\
            extension=php_oci8.dll

            [OCI8]
            oci8.allow_persistent   = On    ; allow or prevent persistent
link
            oci8.max_persistent     = -1    ; maximum number of persistent
links. -1 means no limit
            oci8.max_links          = -1    ; maximum number of links. -1
means no limit
            oci8.debug_mode         = 1

    Page:
    <?
    echo "<BR>MY TEST TEXT<BR>";
    ?>

    Result:
    MY TEST TEXT
    PHP Warning: Invalid library (maybe not a PHP library) 'php_oci8.dll' in
Unknown on line 0

Version 2: (I got mail from Anton Kalmykov - I followed his steps:)
    Mail:
    This is my own build of php v.4.0.0 and some modules. My testers said
that
    php_oci8 work normal, try to use it. Not use it by extensions in
php.ini.
    Try to use it in scrypt by dl() operator. You must place oci.dll from
your
    distributive into php catalog.

    MySteps:
   1) copy php_oci8.dll into c:\App\PHP4 dir where is PHP release
    2) copy oci.dll into c:\App\PHP4 too
    3) remove old settings from c:\winnt\php.ini and set
            extension_dir =   ; directory in which the loadable extensions
(modules) reside

    Page:
    <?
    dl("c:\App\PHP4\php_oci8.dll");
    echo "MY TEST TEXT";
    ?>

    Result:
    Warning: Invalid library (maybe not a PHP library)
'\App\PHP4\php_oci8.dll' in Unknown on line 0
    MY TEST TEXT

Thanks

Bye

Ondrej Kuchar