List:       php-windows
Subject:    Re: [PHP-WINDOWS] PHP 4 & exec() - Unable to fork()
From:       Wille Frankenhaeuser <wille () taivas ! com>
Date:       2000-05-30 7:51:42

> The paradox is that I'm tryng to do that because PHP 4 can't be able to load the php_gd.dll!!!

Hello Sergio.

I got the php_gd.dll to load by doing some minor changes in the php.ini -file:
- commented the "extensions_dir = ./" away
- included the full path to the extension

<SNIP>

; extension_dir = .      ; directory in which the loadable extensions (modules) reside
                         ; there seems to be something fishy about this in php 4 beta,it
                         ; includes alway an extra / in the path and the extension are not found
                         ; except if you type "c:\php40\php.exe -i > info.htm"  and check it out

; Dynamic Extensions ;

extension=c:\\php40\\php_gd.dll

</SNIP>

You can find a version of php_gd.dll at