List:       php-windows
Subject:    [PHP-WIN] Re: Why does PHP apparently need an "external team" to "maintain" the Windows version of P
From:       ð <xfsgpr () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2020-07-14 3:40:30

On 14/07/2020 04:13, tutiluren@tutanota.com wrote:

> But why is Microsoft (or any external entity) involved with compiling Windows \
> binaries such as `php.exe` and the various `.DLL` files for the modules? Is this \
> not simply a job for the highly automated system that the PHP developers already \
> have which can compile PHP for all supported platforms?
You need to try to compile the php code;  Some people here have tried it
and came to the conclusion that the code is a big "humongous mess".  It
is time to rewrite the code using some modern languages such as c# (my
preferred language) or python or even java!

With open source you expect this unless someone is in charge and
exercise firm authority of how the code is written and what goes into
it.  With c#, Microsoft is in charge so it is reasonably well written
but recently people have started complaining that it is time to halt
further features and get the code back to its roots!

--
With over 1.2 billion devices now running Windows 10, customer