List:       php-windows
Subject:    [PHP-WIN] What is the use of stream_socket_pair without pcntl_fork?
From:       Jan Uhlig <reaperman () gmx ! net>
Date:       2009-12-12 10:25:53

Hello,

Since PHP 5.3, stream_socket_pair() ist implemented for Windows.
However, I wonder, what is the use of this function without
pcntl_fork(), which is not available for Windows? The only way on
Windows to start a new process is through system(), but then I won't
have the same socket pair in each process, which renders it useless for
IPC which, as I understand it, it is intended for. So, what can I do
with stream_socket_pair() if I can not fork?

Regards,
     Jan Uhlig