List:       php-windows
Subject:    [PHP-WIN] Re: mbstring
From:       24.247.219.180
Date:       2008-12-21 16:31:38

M. Bolton wrote:
> I am using php 5.2 with mysql 5 and I would like to initiate mbstring
> with gd2 for use with webasyst.
>
> I have added c:\php to windows path and in the php.ini the
> session_mbstring and session_gd is activated. the php_gd2.dll is in the
> right place. But when I let the webasyst install script check, I get the
> answer that there is no mbstring and no gd support installed. Anny ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance.

to active extensions you need to have

extension=php_gd2.dll
extension-php_mbstring.dll

In your php.ini - I have no idea what "session_mbstring" but it has
nothing to do with loading extensions.

thanks
Elizabeth Smith

p.s. - make sure you check phpinfo(); and check the php.ini file that is
being loaded