List:       php-windows
Subject:    Re: [PHP-WIN] Float value Division gives irrational results php 5.2.5
From:       Niel Archer <not () chance ! now>
Date:       2008-02-11 1:11:29

> hi
>
> can somebody help me on this please.

> ------------
>
> Basic division of one float value by another gives irrational results in php
> 5.2.5
>
> os : windows 2000, iis 5 upto date with will microsoft patches
> we have two independent websites each using two versions of php on the
> same server
>
> same sample php code (as given below) placed on each website
> http://maptelltrack.com/divide.php (php 4.3.10 gives wrong results)
> http://maptell.com/divide.php (php 5.2.6 gives correct results)
>
> php 4.3.10 gives correct results and php5.2.5 gives Wrong results for
> the same php code on the web server
Hi

> php info file for each website
>
> http://maptelltrack.com/info.php (php 5.2.5) using php-cgi.exe
> (we have tried all versions upto php5.2-win32-latest)
>
> http://maptell.com/info.php (php 4.3.10) using php.exe
>
> Please do not try the same with command line since the results are
> different.
>
> Sample code:
> ---------------
> <?php
> $test = var_dump (46985.532 / 3600) ;
> echo($test);
> ?>
>
> Expected result:
> ----------------
> float(13.0515366667)
>
> Actual result:
> --------------
> float(10)
>
> thanks
> rajesh

I tried this on my installation (Win2K3 64 bit, Apache, PHP 5.2.3) the
calculation worked as expected.  I also took the time to upgrade to
5.2.5 (which was harder than it should of been, I had to repair the
installation before Apache could run with the dlls). Having got it
running, the calculation once again produced the expected result..

Incidentally, your use of var_dump is incorrect. It doesn't return a
value, but sends output directly

--
Niel Archer