List:       php-windows
Subject:    [PHP-WIN] Building PHP 5.2.5 for win32
From:       Michael Tyson <mtyson () smartpath ! com ! au>
Date:       2007-12-15 0:48:22

Hiya,

We're using PHP/Java Bridge (PJB) with PHP 5.1.6 and Apache 2.0.61 on
Windows, and experiencing frequent segfaults of Apache.  Inspecting
the dump reveals that PHP is crashing somewhere, something to do with
a null pointer exception when reporting an error - seemingly not in
the php/java module but elsewhere (although I'm no expert).

I've tried using the same combination but with the latest Apache
(2.2.6), but the segfault still happens.

It seems to happen most (and reproducibly) when getting requests
through a flex client, when an open connection already exists from a
flex client on the same machine (i.e. one browser window runs the flex
client, and opens a popup window also with the flex client running).

Firstly, has anyone experienced this?

So, I'm trying to update to the latest version of PHP (5.2.5), but
coming up against some problems when attempting to build PHP, which
I'm doing in order to build a PJB module to work with it.  I've tried
to build PHP using Cygwin, cross-compiling against mingw32, but that
failed with a number of build errors, presumably related to
incompatible libs and includes.

Instead I tried using MS's Visual Studio C++, as in the documentation
in the PHP build directory.  Firstly I couldn't get the configure
script to find the win32build folder, so I added it to PATH and tried
again.  Then, the configure script ran successfully, but nmake fails
with:

     "" -h win32\ -r Release_TS\ -x Release_TS\ win32\build\wsyslog.mc
'-h' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"' : return code '0x1'
Stop.

It would appear that PHP's configure script isn't writing the make
rules properly, and is setting an empty string instead of the name of
some build tool.

Can anyone help with this?  Is there a way of building the PJB module
for this version of PHP in win32 that doesn't require a build of PHP
itself?

We must have it sorted by next Wednesday (the 19th), and we're willing
to pay a reasonable rate for assistance.

Cheers,

Mike
--
Michael Tyson | Developer | smartpath.com.au

m: (+61) 0407 754 124
e: mtyson@smartpath.com.au
aim: mikerusselltyson