List:       php-windows
Subject:    Re: [PHP-WIN] MSSQL returned: Invalid object name
From:       Alf Stockton <alf () stockton ! co ! za>
Date:       2007-03-24 14:00:14

Alf Stockton wrote:
> Frank M. Kromann wrote:
>> This sounds like your MSSQL connections are getting mixed up.
>>
>> If the two databases are on the same server and the same sql login has
>> access to both databases you can query everything from a single
>> conenction.
>> You just have to qualify the tables/procedures with
>> <database>.<user>.table
>> to the server knows where to look.
>>
>> If you need two different connections and the host/user and passwords are
>> the same you must tell mssql_connect to force a new connection. Set the
>> optional forth parameter to true.
>>
> To be a little more clear the scenario is as follows
>
> connect and use DB1 to get data for Stored Procedure
> connect and use DB2 via Stored Procedure getting data that can be used to
> get more data from DB1........and this is the one that fails.
>
> Frank, I have tried your suggestions unfortunately without success.

The solution was to use <database>.<user>.table on the offending select
statement when I eventually coded that line correctly.....:-(
Thank you.

--
Regards,
Alf Stockton		www.stockton.co.za

You will experience a strong urge to do good; but it will pass.
My email disclaimer is available at www.stockton.co.za/disclaimer.html