List:       php-windows
Subject:    Re: [PHP-WIN] Re: Issue saving session on windows xp
From:       "Kathy Lessa" <kathy.lessa () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-09-07 23:05:28

FYI, problem has been resolved, thanks to the help of Alex Turner, who
gave me a number of great suggestions. Alex recommended that I use a
different folder to write session files, rather than c:\windows\temp.
I did that, and voila it worked.

It does however highlight some curiosities. The Windows\temp directory
returned a status of WRITABLE when I checked its status through the
web browser, which would imply that I should have been able to save
session files there.... but none were ever saved there. No errors just
didn't save them. As soon as I pointed the session path to another
folder, it worked like a champ.