List:       php-windows
Subject:    [PHP-WIN] Getting a "unique identifier" for a file
From:       69.157.161.12
Date:       2006-01-28 22:31:44

Hi !

I'm trying to develop something in PHP.
I have a list of file, and I want to know if I can have a unique
identifier for each files. What I mean, is:

I have my files:
	test.txt
	test2.txt

I would like them to return a unique something... anything...
If I have my first test.txt, and delete it, and put another one, EXACTLY
the same file, but after deleting the first, I would like it to return a
"new id"

This "id" would be used to pair database entries for each files, but
without using an old entry for a new file.

I know it feels abstract, but if you want informations about what I
want, ask me !