List:       php-windows
Subject:    [PHP-WIN] PHP 4.4.0 with MySQL 4.1.13 on Win XP
From:       Soheil Noori Bushehri <soheilnb () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-08-17 14:48:24

I have used php 4.3.7 with mysql 4.0.20d on windows xp running iis 5.1
as well as php 4.4.0 with mysql 4.1.13 on linux redhat 8.0 running apache 2.0.54
successfully.

Now, I have encountered a problem on windows xp:

php 4.4.0 (maunally-installed package) phpinfo works fine.
mysql 4.1.13

os: windows xp sp1 and sp2
webserver: tried both iis 5.1 and apache 2.0.54

Problem: php cannot connect to mysql. Error is something like:

 Warning: mysql_connect(): Client does not support authentication protocol
 requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in
 C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\mysqltest.php on line 35

Have I missed something? Meanwhile, how could I make my php know MySQLi
(Improved MySQL) library as I haven't seen anywhere that this library is
not supported by windows?

Thanks

--
Soheil Noori Bushehri