List:       php-windows
Subject:    [PHP-WIN] Re: php installation problem
From:       210.5.112.196
Date:       2004-07-29 4:56:54

Hi!

Please refer to the online installation procedures for using PHP with
Apache. Make sure that your Apache server is running as a 'service' (daemon)
by verifying its status under 'services.msc' snap-in for Microsoft
Management Console.

Have you ever tried accessing the file by NOT double-clicking on it? Try
firing up your favorite browser and go somewhere like 'http://localhost/' or
'http://127.0.0.1/' to see if Apache really is running. Also check where you
have saved your 'helloworld.php' (or something), make sure it's under the
DocumentRoot of Apache (by default, this will be under 'C:\Program
Files\Apache Group\Apache\htdocs'). If you're sure that PHP is installed
properly as per documentation, Apache is up and running, and your PHP file
is under the DocumentRoot, try visiting something like
'http://127.0.0.1/helloworld.php'.

HTH.

--

Running 'ojtibi' on '127.0.0.1' (BATCH_OPTIMISTIC mode).
"Live free() or die()."

"Php mysql" <dailymails4me@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message
> Hello list,
> While installing php....after i have configured everything, i am not able
to get php running. While trying to run a test page consisting of the code:
> <?php
>  echo "Hello!";
>  php?>
>
> I get a dialog box saying that "You have chosen to download a file from
this location". Upon opening the file, i get the whole code and not just
"Hello".

>    Please can you tell me what went wrong. I am using PHP 4.3.4, Apache
1.3.2. and Windows 2000.

> Also can u please tell me how do u know that php has been installed in my
PC. While double clicking php.exe, a window gets opened and nothing seems to
happen with it. We have to close it manually. Is it unusual or is it
supposed to be like that only. Please help.