List:       php-windows
Subject:    [PHP-WIN] .htaccess and crypt
From:       63.106.124.254
Date:       2003-02-27 13:28:53

I have seen several PHP scripts that act as an interface to .htaccess files.
They are able to add, change, and delete users from a nice, web-based
interface.  The only problem is that they don't work on Windows.

I read a post somewhere where someone said that this is because the scripts
use "crypt" to write the encrypted password to the .htpasswd file and
"crypt" is not the same on Windows and Linux/Unix.  Something about Windows
and Linux not using the same encryption functions.

Anyway, has anyone gotten this to work on Windows?  I am doing research as
to which technology would be best to implement an automated user creation
and removal system and PHP and Apache seems to be the best solution, IF I
can get this to work.