List:       php-windows
Subject:    Re: [PHP-WIN] Re: destroying COM objects
From:       131.231.99.50
Date:       2003-02-28 11:58:06

> "Rich Gray"
>
> I may be talking out of my proverbial but I believe unset() will just
remove
> the reference to the object it won't destroy the object itself which is
why
> I suggested $obj = null in my earlier message... however I'm probably
being
> pedantic as the next gc cycle will clean up objects with a 0 reference
count
> anyway...
>
> I suppose...
>
> $obj = null;
> unset($obj);
>
> Would cover all bases...
> Cheers
> Rich

Not too sure although your point sounds correct.  I must admit I don't use
COM much via PHP so have not had to learn too much for what I need.  Just
what I have used has always caused problems unless I use unset().

If all else fails maybe you could write a little command line app which
receives the COM reference and kills it...

Cheers
Mike