List:       php-windows
Subject:    [PHP-WIN] Interesting tidbit
From:       "R.S. Herhuth" <ronherhuth () pop ! mindspring ! com>
Date:       2002-10-30 19:51:51

We are running Tomcat and PHP under IIS on Windows 2k sp2.  While we
were watching the memory manager we noticed that whenever PHP was
invoked Tomcat's memory increased by about 5mb.  This was consistent
over about a half an hour, we have no reason to believe that it hasn't
been occuring like this since we have been using both on the same server
(about 2 months).  PHP has been very stable although the same cannot be
said about Tomcat, but that's another issue.

Specifically my question is why would the Tomcat memory increase while
it should be steady when PHP is invoked?

Ron