List:       php-windows
Subject:    RE: [PHP-WIN] PHP require() circumvents IIS security? Please help.
From:       "Mikey" <mikey () splatted ! net>
Date:       2002-10-28 23:17:19

> Actually a misunderstanding of how require() works, but the answer I was
> looking for.

Cool.

> Can I assume by this that all of the PHP functions that access files work
> outside of the scope of the webserver? I'm suffering from "just enough
> knowledge to get myself in trouble" syndrome.

Yes, you can - although the files will be accessed as the user that the
web-server runs as (IUSR_MACHINENAME by default with IIS) and will be
restricted by whatever security policies that are in effect for it.

regards,

Mikey

"Stone circles were common enough... Druids built them as weather computers
and since it was always cheaper to build a new 33-MegaLith circle than
upgrade an old slow one there were generally plenty of ancient ones
round."  - T. Pratchett, Lords & Ladies