List:       php-windows
Subject:    [PHP-WIN] Opening a MySQL db
From:       "Monty Warhawk" <mcwarhawk () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2002-01-31 16:17:12

I was wondering why I can connect to the server, but not to a database.
When I type in the name of it, it cannot find it.  I use the templet from
the php site, and a bunch of others, which all do the same thing, but I just
cannot open any of them up.

If the user of the account is "abc" and you make a database named "willow" ,
it is made as "abc_willow" and I try that and just willow and everything I
can think of but not get it.  I do not know where the file is since it is
not on my server but a remote one.  Is there a way in SQL or php mysql admin
to tell it WHERE to put the db file, if that is my prob.  ??? any help would
be nice.  This is also on a UNIX server, not windows.

-Monty