List:       php-windows
Subject:    [PHP-WIN] When typing "localhost\.." the computer wants to connect to internet.
From:       213.6.3.14
Date:       2002-01-30 12:04:21

At first:
    I run win 98 on my standalone computer.
    I installed Apache 1.3.22 and PHP 4.1.0, edit the files php.ini and
httpd.conf and put them at the right place. I doublechecked the files.
When typing "localhost\index.html.de" the computer wants to connect to
internet. It is possible to open the file "C:\apache\htdocs\index.html.de".

I tryed to change my IP to 127.0.0.1 but got an error massage.
I changed to 192.168.1.2 but no better result.

When trying to open php-files the computer trys to download something I
cannot read because the download-window opens and closes many times very
fast until I press esc. When the browser opens a php-file he shows nothing.

I hope to get help of anyone of you because I worked several days on it and
have no further idea how to solve the problem.

Thank You

Tim Lüdemann