List:       php-soap
Subject:    [SOAP] Re: Trying to call web service functions over https
From:       129.33.49.251
Date:       2008-07-23 0:08:37

I have acquired some updated information to my situation.

Currently the WSDL I am accessing can be retrieved over http and I can
read and use its functions.  The problem I run into is when I call those
functions, the endpoint of the WSDL file calls a URL over https.

Using the program soapUI, I found that the error I received from the
server says that I am not authenticated to read the data contained there.

Upon further investigations, I accessed the endpoint URL through firefox
and saw that it used an SSL certificate.  I also saw in an earlier post
that php5 SOAP functions are able to access endpoints that use https.

Would it be correct that this means that SSL is not causing problems in
my code since I am able to receive a custom error from web services, so
the problem is actually that I am not sending my username and pw?

If this is not the case, how can I automatically acquire this SSL
certificate as it does not seem it is using any keys from me for
authentication, rather just letting my know it is who i think it is.

Also, how do I go about sending my username and pw to the server?  There
are no web services offered in the WSDL to allow me to authenticate at
the endpoint URL.  So does this mean I have to send my credentials in
the header of the SOAP request?  If so, are there standard tags that I
can use to place my username and pw into?

The developer of these web services confirmed for me that the endpoint
is using transport-level/SSL security and user authentication in the
header, and sent me to this url for furhter help:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0504_cowan/0504_cowan.html

Unfortunately, this url implements a web service client in J2EE/J2SE
using proprietary tools, would there be anyone that can help me
translate this tutorial into php to help further my development?  Thank
you in advance, I will greatly appreciate it!