List:       php-qa
Subject:    Re: [PHP-QA] RE: [PHP-DEV] 4.0.4 Release (Summary of thoughts)
From:       "Zak Greant" <zak () nucleus ! com>
Date:       2000-12-20 21:54:10

James Moore wrote:
> [...]

    4.0.4 did take a long time to get out of the can.  However, this was
    probably the most rigorous testing that an RC has undergone.  Kudos to
    *everyone* who actively participated in getting this RC moving!
    Especially Sascha and James - they both gave the process a much needed
    jump start.

    While the release of 4.0.4 took me by surprise also, I don't think that
    it was a bad thing.  Were things a bit warty? Probably - but overall
    I think that everyone did a great job. We can tweak the process for the
    next RC. Right now, I am just glad that we are doing more agressive QA.

    Before the next RC cycle gets going, I will try to have the build
    tracker completed.  That should make the QA process more visible to the
    core developers.

    We should also try to work up a rough set of docs on how to do QA on
    the RCs. This should make it easier for people to help out with testing,
    as well as improving the quality and consistency of the QA.

    Also, it would be very nice if we could get people building and testing
    more modules, *and* consistently running the tests (as long as we
    actually pay attention to the test results ;).

    --zak