List:       php-qa
Subject:    Re: [PHP-QA] Re: [PHP-DEV] Re: [PHP-QA] convention about function naming II
From:       "Zak Greant" <zak () nucleus ! com>
Date:       2000-12-19 23:55:38

Also, there was some discussion a few months ago about normalizing all of
the function names.

We have a lot of functions that do not conform to the standard.  IIRC, the
discussion on the phpdoc list was to create a conforming alias for each
non-conforming function and as time permits, document that the old names are
deprecated.  Then perhaps next major release or two - PHP 5 or 6 -the old
names stop working.

--zak