List:       php-qa
Subject:    [PHP-QA] testfest announcement
From:       Lukas Kahwe Smith <mls () pooteeweet ! org>
Date:       2008-03-30 11:16:12

Hi,

I have added a page on the qa website for the TestFest:
http://qa.php.net/testfest.php

The following is the announcement I would want to put on php.net (I
guess this is frontpage news?). The bulk of the text is the starting
paragraph from the qa website I added, so all the links you see there
will be included in the announcement and the last sentence would
obviously link to the above url. I would also add the small logo (at
the bottom of the above url) to the announcement.

===

TestFest 2008

The PHP-QA team would like to announce the TestFest for the month of
May 2008. The TestFest is an event that aims at improving the code
coverageof the test suite for the PHP language itself. As part of this
event, local User Groups (UG) are invited to join the TestFest. These
UGs can meet physically or come together virtually. The point however
is that people network to learn together. Aside from being an
opportunity for all of you to make friends with like minded people in
your (virtual) community, it also will hopefully reduce the work load
for the PHP.net mentors. All it takes is someone to organize a UG to
spearhead the event and to get others involved in writing phpt tests.
The submissions will then be reviewed by members of php.net before
getting included in the official test suite. Please visit the TestFest
homepage to get additional details on the TestFest.

===

If there are no objections I will add this to the php.net homepage
tonight.

regards,
Lukas