List:       php-pear
Subject:    Re: [PHP-PEAR] XML-RPC for PEAR
From:       Thomas Fromm <tf () tfromm ! com>
Date:       2001-02-22 15:02:24

Hi

> Haven't heard of another one, but as Sebastian
> said, things like XMLRPC or SOAP implemented
> with PHP itself would be slow so it would be
> better to implement them as a PHP extension.

anyway would be it a great additional software for PEAR.
(the pear DB abstraction is also slow, but must be there ;)

and yes, normally xmlrpc works around 2-3 times faster then soap, because the
additional features of soap brings a little bit more overhead...  but soap
seems more requestet by bussinesstools as api.. (biztalk and so on... )

tf