List:       php-pear
Subject:    Re: [PHP-PEAR] RE: [PHP-DEV] RE: [PHP] Getting Function and Method Prototypes
From:       Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck () horde ! org>
Date:       2000-12-14 4:25:57

Quoting Steven Roussey <sroussey@network54.com>:

> :) Sure. I was setting up something at SourceForge. But I thought PEAR was
> an abstraction layer for databases?

PEAR is the Php Extension and Add-on Repository (I think that's the current
full expansion of the acronym). It contains the DB:: package, which is the most
widely known piece of PEAR code, but that's not everything. PEAR is definitely
where things like a SOAP implementation - core functionality that is important
to many users - should go. IMHO, of course. =)

> Is there a web page about PEAR?

http://pear.php.net/, though it's not terribly informative yet. The code out of
CVS is your best bet.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues