List:       php-migration
Subject:    [PHP-MIGRATION] From PHP3 to PHP4 under Win NT with Netscape Enterprise Server
From:       "Benoit Noss" <Benoit.Noss () iaurif ! org>
Date:       2000-09-13 15:17:35

Hello,
I'm working for a long time with PHP3 with Netscape Enterprise Server and iPlanet \
under WinNT4 SP5. I'm unsuccessfully trying to install PHP4 as CGI with this web \
server. I get the following:

When I ask for a test.php file placed on the webserver document root, a Dr Watson \
                error occurs, here an abstract of Dr Watson.log file (ACCESS \
                VIOLATION OF PHP.EXE)
Une exception d'application s'est produite :
        App :  (pid=258) <====== In my case PID 258 is PHP.exe
        Quand : 9/13/2000 @ 15:59:2.408
        Numéro d'exception : c0000005 (violation d'accès)

*----> Liste des tâches <----*
    258 php.exe

The error.log file of Netscape Enterprise Server reports

[13/sept./2000:16:44:56] failure (  246): for host 194.9.200.39 trying to GET \
/test.php, cgi-parse-output reports: the CGI program D:\php4\php.exe did not produce \
a valid header (program terminated without a valid CGI header (check for core dump or \
other abnormal termination)

In fact when I launch test.php from a DOS Window to see the header the output is

Content-type:text/html

This is a test (the echo function works)

With PHP3, the header was "Content-type:text/html" but no other ligne before and \
everything worked well.

Do somebody know if this new header (X-Powered-By: PHP/4.0.1pl2) can produce a Dr \
Watson error? or
Has somebody successfully installed PHP4 under Netscape Enterprise Server or iPlanet \
?

Thanks a lot