List:       php-internals
Subject:    [PHP-DEV] flex
From:       rasmus () bellglobal ! com
Date:       1997-10-31 22:04:56

Ack, we are foo-bar'ed!

Now I know why I avoided flex in PHP2...

with current %option yylineno:

> flex -p -p language-scanner.lex
%option yylineno entails a large performance penalty
-I (interactive) entails a minor performance penalty
REJECT entails a large performance penalty

Removing %option yylineno:

> flex -p -p language-scanner.lex
-I (interactive) entails a minor performance penalty

It looks like %option yylineno automatically means we need REJECT rules
turned on.  And having REJECT rules seems to mean that we cannot dynamically
grow the buffer for large input files?

Please tell me that I am somehow on the wrong track here.

-Rasmus