List:       php-internals
Subject:    Re: [PHP-DEV] [RFC][DISCUSSION] Object type hint
From:       Bishop Bettini <bishop () php ! net>
Date:       2016-10-24 13:31:39

On Oct 24, 2016 6:17 AM, "Dan Ackroyd" <danack@basereality.com> wrote:

> But I don't see how this RFC 'encourages' what you consider to be a bad
practice. Instead it provides a useful thing that could be misused by bad
programmers.

To clarify, programmers are not 'bad'. Their implementation choices,
though, may lead to ambiguous, unintelligible, or unmaintainable code.

If there are examples where this support would lead to poor choices, I've
not recognized them. But, Marco listed the cases I think would benefit from
this support.

+1