List:       php-internals
Subject:    Re: [PHP-DEV] Re: What happened to the 5.6.1 =?UTF-8?Q?release=3F?=
From:       Pierre Schmitz <pierre () archlinux ! de>
Date:       2014-09-29 16:35:50

Am 29.09.2014 17:04, schrieb Johannes Schlüter:
> [...]
> Q: Is the git repo affected?
> A: No. The infected box is a different one. git's cryptographic commit
> identifiers and distributed antature along with out automatic mirroring
> to github serve as further mitigation for potential issues.

This sounds like it wont be that bad of an idea to build directly from a
git tag if you know how. Together with signed tags this should be more
trustworthy imho. I don't see a huge downside here.

I wonder if one could replace that release server with a simple vagrant
setup or similar so the RM can actually create release archives on his
own.

Greetings,

Pierre