List:       php-internals
Subject:    [PHP-DEV] Moving things on ...
From:       Lester Caine <lester () lsces ! co ! uk>
Date:       2014-05-29 9:10:11

Trimming all the forwarding around ...

On 29/05/14 09:29, Pierre Joye wrote:
> Long story short, we are at a critical point in the php history. Yet
> again we are about to begin the next major PHP version. If we do not
> have to fail, and that could be our last chance, we have to put our
> ego, emotions, personal goals on the side and begin to work more, much
> more, together. We have to communicate (and internals is the only
> place where you reach anyone), more, better, more respectfully and
> early, as early as possible for every possible idea. Communication is
> not about politics, communication about getting more people involved,
> early and try to get everyone on the same board and in sync.

That phpng throws an area of the creation of phpnext open for
discussion, and offers limited demonstrations of the capabilities of
that solution is a fact. It is currently actually a block to progress
until such time as others can become involved, and incorporating other
developments into it seems to be on hold? It is only concentrating on a
sub-set of what is needed for phpnext and so the discussion that is
still needed is just what else should be addressed.

Unicode support is probably still in the melting pot, as much as the
string length of internal string elements and opinions are still divided
as to if those internal strings SHOULD support unicode?

Re-factoring function names and perhaps making strings proper objects
are all important elements, and this re-factoring may well impinge on
the 'results' that phpng is reporting anyway?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL