List:       php-internals
Subject:    [PHP-DEV] Re: [PHP-DOC] svn account
From:       Philip Olson <philip () roshambo ! org>
Date:       2010-06-25 3:29:39

> I sent a mail to the doc-hu@lists.php.net, no reply yet.
> As you can see, the hungarian translation is pretty abadoned:
> http://news.php.net/php.doc.hu
>
> So I'm afraid that maybe my svn request won't be approved or granted karma without \
> an active hungarian translation group member. Could this be a problem, or I should \
> simply wait some more?

The main reason to write mailing lists of inactive languages is to see if anyone is \
sleeping, as sometimes people wake up and decide to help out. Who knows, your email \
to doc-hu@ still has time!

Having an active group member present is nice but certainly not required, especially \
for inactive languages. But the standard procedure before receiving an account (and \
associated karma (commit rights)) is to do some work first. Please have a look here:

 - http://wiki.php.net/doc/howto/gettingstarted

Basically it means you do some translating, show us, and then you join in on the fun. \
See if the above helps and please feel free to ask questions.

Also, let's keep this only on the doc list starting *click* now.

Regards,
Philip