List:       php-internals
Subject:    [PHP-DEV] Are there zend classes "hidden" from php?
From:       188.62.49.6
Date:       2009-12-27 16:01:53

Hi!

As some already know, I'm using the holidays to prepare a proposal for
error handling in extensions
(https://saintcyr.oeri.ch/trac/php-intl/wiki/ErrorHandling).

Digging through many zend internals, I wonder if there is a possibility
to use a common ancestor class without cluttering namespaces in php.

Something like

class CommonErrorThings;
class ResourceBundle extends CommonErrorThings;
class Collator extends CommonErrorThings;
in which CommonErrorThings is invisible to PHP and
ResourceBundle/Collator offered to the user.

Any doc and/or example link would be greatly appreciated

Happy Holidays
HPO