List:       php-internals
Subject:    Re: [PHP-DEV] Re: RFC: Replacing errors with Exceptions
From:       Joey Smith <joey () joeysmith ! com>
Date:       2009-07-30 18:28:37

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 10:48:49AM +0200, Hannes Magnusson wrote:
> No PHP warnings at all.
>

> Again. The examples you are looking for are network issues with
> fopen(), file_get_contents() and such things.
>
> -Hannes

Hannes, these are actually the ones I had in mind when I sent my last
email - unfortunately, it's been so long since I ran into one, I can't
remember how to trigger it, which is why I suggested we get bugs filed.

Conceptually, it doesn't seem like it should be that hard to fix them.

However, now that it's come up, I'm wondering what the costs/risks are
of setting libxml_use_internal_errors() on by default?