List:       php-internals
Subject:    Re: [PHP-DEV] Re: add "scream" feature to core
From:       Ronald Chmara <ron () Opus1 ! COM>
Date:       2009-02-27 3:57:42

On Feb 26, 2009, at 7:21 PM, Greg Beaver wrote:
> Pierre Joye wrote:
>> Hi,
>> What's about adding what screan (http://pecl.php.net/scream) to the
>> standard PHP? Everyone needs it and it should be possible to do that
>> without having to install an extension.
>> Comments/objections?
> If it can be done easily and unobtrusively to existing code, this
> would
> be useful to me for those hard-to-catch bugs in old code.  Of
> course, I
> am one of the people Ilia is referring to who can do a 3-4 second
> "pecl
> install" pretty easily, so I don't have a strong stake in the debate
> either way :)

I'd rather see this as part of E_ALL, or maybe E_NOSUPPRESS (or
something that sounds better).

As far as the former, (E_ALL), I'd kind of actually hope that it gave
me *ALL*, not just *ALL (...except suppressed errors)*. Actually,
I've assumed it would.

That being said, I:
a) Don't mind typing a few lines to install something
b) Wonder why "ALL" would be a limited subset of errors, with @
errors ignored.

-Bop