List:       php-internals
Subject:    [PHP-DEV] Detect Change in function table
From:       Xavier De Cock <void () php ! net>
Date:       2007-07-27 19:18:28

Hello I'm currently working on the bbcode pecl extension.

This extension provides callback facilities for handling datas.

Therefore I have to get the function pointer from the function table and
work with those pointers.

This extension will only throw a warning when a callback can not be
found but will still parse all the datas effectively bypassing the
callback.

But between two subsequent calls with the same ressource, some function
might have been added, so is there an efficient way to detect this?

Because I won't be able to reset the cached functions pointers easily on
each call.

I'm currently implementing a brand new algorithm for the library, so the
response may change some implementation details, in advance, thanks.

PS: Please CC me, I have not subscribed to the list

Thanks,
Xavier De Cock