List:       php-internals
Subject:    [PHP-DEV] PHP LiteSpeed SAPI patch
From:       George Wang <gwang () litespeedtech ! com>
Date:       2005-05-27 15:48:56

Hi,

Attached is the code for PHP LiteSpeed SAPI. To apply the patch, just
expand it under php/sapi/ directory, run buildconf, then configure PHP
with option "--with-litespeed". The patch can be applied to both PHP 4 & 5.

LiteSpeed SAPI is similar to CGI/FastCGI sapi, two major enhancements
over FastCGI sapi, one is support of changing PHP configuration via web
server configuration and .htacess file; another one is improved
performance over FastCGI PHP and Apache mod_php, our simple "hello,
world" performance test shows that LiteSpeed SAPI has up to 30%
performance advantage over FastCGI PHP, and doubles the performance that
Apache mod_php can provide.

PHP with LiteSpeed SAPI works together with litespeed web server 2.1RC1
release.
For more information about this SAPI module, please visit
http://www.litespeedtech.com/lsapi/ and
http://www.litespeedtech.com/docs/HowTo_QA.html#qa_php

We are new to PHP SAPI programming and we use cgi/cli/apache/thttpd SAPI
code as references, please help reviewing our code. Any comment or
suggestion is highly welcome. :-)

Thanks,
George Wang

["litespeed-1.1.tgz" (application/x-compressed)]