List:       php-internals
Subject:    [PHP-DEV] Bug #14782: key_exists renamed to array_key_exists
From:       mike () newfangled ! com
Date:       2001-12-31 20:33:40

From:             mike@newfangled.com
Operating system: all
PHP version:      4.1.1
PHP Bug Type:     Feature/Change Request
Bug description:  key_exists renamed to array_key_exists

I have a very large PHP application running on my Linux web server that
uses the 4.0.6 function key_exists. The problem is that I have 30 copies of
this application running on the server. If I upgrade my server to php
4.1.1, I will be forced to upgrade all 30 sites with a new version of my
application where array_key_exists is used instead. This is a HUGE
undertaking.

Is there any way to put the key_exists alias back in so that PHP
compatiblity is not broken?

Thank you
--
Edit bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=14782&edit=1