List:       php-install
Subject:    [PHP-INST] php4 and Stronghold 3
From:       "Hanser, Kevin" <kevin () merchantinternetgroup ! com>
Date:       2001-01-30 19:59:26

I'm having a good old time trying to get PHP4 installed w/Stronghold 3.
I've tried the DSO, but no luck... we've never really had much luck
installing it as a DSO in the first place.  So anyway, I'd like to install
it as a static module.  So, I've been going by the documentation about "how
to install php3 as a static module", and using php4 instead.  However, I'm
having all kinds of problems.

First of all, I can't get it to compile in with IMAP support (we need imap
support for a webmail application we run).  I've compiled php4 with apache
and imap support and had it work, but I can't get it to work w/stronghold.
But that's not too important, I can figure that out later....
So, I tried to compile Php4 w/out IMAP support, and it all compiled ok, but
now when I access a php page, I see the html source, instead of the desired
output...

I guess what would be really nice, would be if someone had some sort of
instructions on compiling php4 as a static module with Stronghold... has
anybody done that yet and might be able to provide some insight for me?

thanx

Kevin Hanser
System Administrator
Merchant Internet Group