List:       php-install
Subject:    Re: [PHP-INST] newbie confused about --with-mysql
From:       "EMail SharpMedia" <abc () sharpmedia ! net>
Date:       2000-08-31 3:59:44

That warning is normal (I'm assuming...?), I got it too when I compiled and
it confused me also, but MySQL/PHP/Apache work fine...

The client libries are *NOT* part of the mysql install, this also confused
me. I kept trying to find the mysqladmin and it didn't exist! You can
download them at http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-3.22.html Look for the
Client programs, install that as you did the server...

You if you don't change the standard install for MySQL you can use
just --with-mysql and it will find them...

As for the rest of your questions...I don't know, hope this helps!

-Jonathan Sharp
SharpMedia - Powering.The.Spread.of.Ideas. TM
http://www.sharpmedia.net
jonathan@sharpmedia.net
ICQ: 12832078