List:       php-install
Subject:    [PHP-INSTALL] PHP not loading OCI8 extension
From:       "Jack van Zanen" <jack () vanzanen ! com>
Date:       2008-09-01 2:36:09

Hi List,

I have installed Oracle, PHP and apache on my windows machine and have the
following issue

If I run phpinfo() from the command line it shows OCI8 as enabled and I can
connect to oracle databases.

When I copy my php.ini to my windows directory (from my php directory) and
start apache and than run phpinfo() from a php page in my browser it does
not show me that OCI8 is enabled and also does not allow me to connect to
databases. It does show it is using the right php.ini from my windows
directory

I'm sure this must be an environment setting somewhere but I  can't work
this out.

Anybody with some more experience in installing this combo can shed some
light on this??

Brgds

Jack